Health and Safety
This Health and Safety Statement of Intent, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA) outlines the policy of PJF Limited T/A ADLER COMMERCIAL BUILDING WASH SERVICES to the management of health and safety at work.
Management is committed to ensuring that health and safety will be integral to, and equal with any other business function. This value is shared throughout the company. This enables us to meet our objective of managing and conducting our work activities in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety, health and welfare at work of our workers and others who may be affected by our business activities.
In demonstrating management’s duty of care, we will take all practical steps to provide a working environment that minimises incidents of risk or personal injury, ill health or damage to property
WHAT WE ACTUALLY DO
In minimizing the risk and to ensure a safe and healthy work environment, ADLER take the following actions:
- Our belief in the continual improvement of our systems and processes assists us in meeting our health & safety objectives
- Health and safety is a standard item on the agenda for monthly management meetings
- Daily meetings are held at each site to discuss any health and safety issues, site-specific hazards, etc. Staff access an electronic checklist to assist in maintaining a safe site
- Health and safety training requirements are identified and reviewed in each employee’s annual performance review. This ensures that training and qualifications (First Aid, SiteSafe, EWP, Harness Training, etc) are kept current and relevant to job (and client) requirements
- Our health & safety manual policy is audited annually with specific items such as fire evacuation practice audited every 2 months and hazard identification daily
- ADLER seek to comply with all relevant legislation, local laws and by-laws, codes of practice and New Zealand standards